All donations of 40 euros or more to Oxfam per calendar year are eligible for a tax receipt.
With this receipt you can recuperate 45% of your donation through your tax return.
- The tax receipt will be assigned to the person that made the donation.
Therefore, ask your donors to deposit their donation directly on the account of Oxfam.
Otherwise they will not receive a tax receipt. This is a legal obligation, exceptions are not allowed.
- The tax receipt will be sent by mail in the month of March of the following year.
- Restriction: the tax receipt is only valid for donations that do not result from the sale of products, entrance fees, etc.
- The tax receipt is only valid in Belgium.
- A tax receipt can be issued to companies as well as to individuals.
You donate 50 euros in 2020 to team X -> you receive a tax receipt for your donation in March 2021 -> through your tax return you will recuperate 20 euros.
In other words: a donation of 50 euros will only cost you 30 euros, thanks to the tax department who sponsors 45% of your donation.
Don’t forget to mention this to you donors, as it will convince them to donate a little more.