When, what, where?
Saturday August 31 and Sunday September, 2019.
Oxfam Trailwalker is a unique team challenge (for friends, family and colleagues) with one single purpose: to put an end to injustice and poverty .
The challenge is to walk 100 km in teams of 4 in less than 30 hours, whilst raising 1.500 euros to support Oxfam-Solidarity’s projects worldwide.
Throughout the Grande Foret de Saint Hubert and the Massif de Freyr in the Ardennes in the province of Luxembourg in Belgium.
Deadline for registration
The deadline is July 31, 2019. However, we advise you to register sooner. That way you will gain access to your donation page, team page, training modules, etc.
A little bit of history...
The first Trailwalker was organized in Hong Kong in 1981. It was a training of the Gurkha, a brigade of the British colonial army. In 1997 when Great Britain handed over Hong Kong to the People’s Republic of China, and the last Gurkha brigade was relocated, Oxfam Hong Kong took over the organization of the Trailwalker.
Oxfam Trailwalker is a worldwide event that takes place in 13 countries, spread over 4 different continents.
In 2018 / 2019 :
- October 5-7, 2018 : Oxfam Australia (Perth)
- January 18-20, 2019 : Oxfam India (Bengaluru)
- March 23-24, 2019 : Oxfam New-Zealand
- March 29-30, 2019 : Oxfam Australia (Melbourne)
- April 6-7, 2019 : Oxfam Spain (Girona)
- May 18-19, 2019 : Oxfam France (Avallon)
- May (TBC), 2019 : Oxfam Korea
- June 8-9, 2019 : Oxfam Spain (Madrid)
- June 21-23, 2019 : Oxfam Australia (Brisbane)
- August 23-25, 2019 : Oxfam Australia (Sydney)
- September 14-15, 2019 : Oxfam France (Dieppe)
- September 20-22, 2019 : Oxfam UK
- November 15-17, 2019 : Oxfam Hong Kong
- November (TBC), 2019 : Oxfam India (Mumbai)