EVERY STEP COUNTS - Oxfam Trailwalker 2019 - fighting poverty and injustice step by step
In less than 30 days you will take part in Oxfam Trailwalker where you will walk for more equality in the world.
A few useful reminders for the event
We advise against using camping cars or similar vehicles.
We commit to ensuring smooth traffic conditions for all the numerous teams and services (security, organisational and shuttle services) bearing in mind the challenge for the road infrastructure to cope with an event of this size.
Camping cars will only be allowed in the military aerodrome and in front of CRIE (Fourneau Saint-Michel).
Only a very limited number of spaces will be available.
Access will be strictly prohibited to any vehicles measuring more than 2 metres by 5.5 metres at 4 CP & 5 CP at Mirwart and at 3 WP at Masbourg,
Each team must collect 1500€ for Oxfam projects worldwide.
The amount must be on the team counter before 30/08.
In order ro help us to organise the event, we would ask you to reply to the following questions by 14 August at the latest.
Please use the online form:
- Are you having breakfast (+ for how many people)?
- Do you wish to use the camping area at Saint-Hubert military aerodrome?
- Does your team intend to run the 100 Km course (over 8 Km/hour)?
- How many parking spaces do you require for your team at St. Hubert military aerodrome (between Friday evening and Sunday afternoon)?
- Do your supporters wish to use the free shuttle between Fourneau Saint-Michel and Masbourg as well as between Fourneau Saint-Michel and Mirwart?
Bus times for the walkers
For those of you coming by train, the table gives the times of the trains to Rochefort-Jemelle on Friday evening and Saturday morning as well as the departure times from Rochefort-Jemelle on Sunday evening.
Shuttle times for supporters
In order to allow supporters reach their teams during the night, two shuttles by bus will be laid on:
- From the parking of Fourneau Saint-Michel/CRIE to 3WP Masbourg (return)
- From the parking of Fourneau Saint-Michel/CRIE to Mirwart Church (return)
|Return Fourneau St-Michel||16:45||18:15||19:45||21:00||22:00||22:45||23:30|
|Return Fourneau St-Michel||22:45||23:45||0:45||1:45||2:45||3:45||4:45||5:45|
Please indicate on the online form if you intend to use the shuttle (the service is free of charge!).
Before we finish ....
We are still seeking volunteers!
Please pass this message to the people around you and ask them to make this event unforgettable.
Several tasks will be possible : catering, animation, massages, scanning the teams, security, ... there will be a task found to suit all tastes!
A barbecue and drinks will be offered at very reasonable prices at 2CP at Fourneau Saint-Michel by the staff of the Museum of Fourneau Saint-Michel (with support from the Province of Luxembourg).
The offer will be available until stocks run out, so first come first served!
Any other questions ?
Find the answer on:
- www.oxfamtrailwalker.be ( FAQ)
- in the information letters (Newsletters)
- in the Green Charter and the Rules which you will find in the Welcome Pack received when you registrated your team (a printable version is also available on the site).
Wishing you luck with your final preparations!
The Oxfam Trailwalker team
Markus, Sophie, Aurélie, Jérôme, Leo, Philippe, Lucas, Nicolas, Corentin en Erik