5 good reasons to participate in Oxfam Trailwalker
1. You strengthen relationships among employees
Four colleagues will walk 100 km together. The walkers and their supporters (less athletic employees, for example) will have to work together. The supporters are responsible for food and related services, ensuring that the walkers cross the finish line with smiles on their faces. They all experience an unforgettable 30 hours together.
2. You work together towards an extraordinary experience
Oxfam Trailwalker is within everyone’s reach. But to walk 100 kilometres in 30 hours it’s essential to train beforehand. You train together, you collect funds together and… you walk together! The emotions that come up at the finish are proof of the intense moments the teams have lived through together as a team in the wonderful setting of the High Fens. Solidarity is the driving force behind Oxfam Trailwalker.
3. You support development projects and make your company a part of this dynamic effort
Every human being has the right to have enough to eat, to have access to medical care, to afford a decent living from their work, to go to school and to live in a safe and peaceful environment. Millions of people, however, are still being deprived of these fundamental rights.
Through the money raised by the Oxfam Trailwalker teams, among other activities, Oxfam-Solidarity supports the initiatives of associations in the South that are fighting the injustice of poverty.
4. You participate in an event that places the environment at the forefront
Each year, new steps are taken to improve the ecological footprint of Oxfam Trailwalker. A few examples:
- Promoting public transport and carpooling
- Ordering fruit in bulk
- Reducing waste of household packaging
- Reducing paper mailings (ordering system based on actual orders)
5. Your company is active and healthy
Engaging in sports helps maintain health. A business that promotes physical activity among its employees enhances their wellbeing in the workplace and subscribes to a policy of respect for human resources. Furthermore, each employee who accomplishes such a challenge can feel real personal satisfaction.